Gain insight into the world of magnetic bearings, high-speed motors and generators, and other rotating machinery with these articles, product literature and papers from Synchrony® and Online publications.
- Synchrony AMB Product Flyer (299 KB PDF)
White Papers & Articles
- NEW! White Paper - Improving Rotating Machinery Performance with Dresser-Rand’s Synchrony® Active Magnetic Bearings (387 KB PDF)
- White Paper - Advances in Magnetic Bearings (1.19 MB pdf) - This white paper presents design innovations that enable large improvements in the performance, integration and economics of magnetic bearing systems.
- Advances In Magnetic Bearings - Motion Control Technology, NASA Tech Briefs - In this age of environmental consciousness, OEMs around the world are competing to build better, safer, and greener machines. In striving toward such lofty goals, many industries are rediscovering a fundamental principle - magnetics. See the entire article Online here.
- Synchrony Announces Deal To Make Parts For Water Treatment Plants - The Roanoke Times - Synchrony announces partnership to supply key parts for aeration systems used in water and wastewater treatment plants. See the entire article Online here.
- Advances in Magnetic Bearings Overcome Past Restraints - Design News - Recent advances in magnetic bearing technology, including controls miniaturization, higher levels of simplicity and integrated product solutions, plus the overall machinery trend to more directly drive machines without gearboxes, are overcoming past limitations inherent to magnetic bearings. See the entire article Online here.
- An easier way to be green - The Hill's Congress Blog - The Hill's Congress Blog featured an article written by Synchrony founder and CEO, Victor Iannello. The article focuses on finding ways to improve efficiency of machines and everyday processes. See the entire article Online here.
- Salem firm excels in tough environment - Virginia Business - VirginiaBusiness.com recently featured an article about Synchrony. See the entire article Online here.
- Feel The Force: Active Magnetic Bearings Roll Out - Engineering & Technology magazine - Active magnetic bearings under control. See the entire article Online here.
- Magnetic Bearings Making Cleaner Technology More Attractive - IndustryWeek - IndustryWeek featured an article about Synchrony and our frictionless magnetic bearing technology. See the entire article Online here.
- Bearings That Pack a Punch (and Their Own Controls) - The New York Times - The New York Times recently featured an article about Synchrony and our Fusion® magnetic bearings, with integrated controls and electronics. See the entire article Online here.
- Make Mine Magnetic (1.82 MB pdf) - Machine Design - Industrial motors like this one use magnetic bearings for lubricant-free, low-friction support in five axes. Miniaturized and streamlined controller architecture make magnetic bearings more feasible for many applications.
- Recent Advances Give Magnetic Bearings a New Spin (428 KB pdf) - Diesel & Gas Turbine Worldwide - Reductions in size, complexity and cost have greatly increased the acceptance of active magnetic bearings while an increasing number of users are discovering the advantages and benefits they can provide over traditional oil-lubricated bearings.
- Miniaturizing to reduce cost (1.3 MB pdf) - Turbomachinery International - Synchrony's products may help to expand magnetic bearing applications.
- Advances in Magnetic Bearings (193 KB pdf) - Pumps & Systems - A look at how magnetic bearings operate and how technology has made them smaller and less complex.
How can we help?
Get answers to your application questions about magnetic bearing systems, high-speed motors and generators, and power conversion challenges.